To promote the optimal development of athletics as a sport for all individuals in AGW.
In the pursuit of the mission the following objectives are regarded as basic corner stones to achieve the mission of AGW. To establish friendly, loyal and harmonious co-operation between all members, to facilitate efficient and effective administration, and to promote the best interest of athletes and athletics in the Province. To maintain and extend a system of clubs throughout the Province, where membership is open to all members of the community that reside within the boundaries of the province, and who wish to participate in athletics. Such members will have access to registration, participation, coaching, technical officiating and other services provided by AGW, provided that they comply with the Province’s membership requirements. To continually strive to ensure that no form of discrimination is allowed (e.g. race, ethnicity, religion, gender or otherwise), and to ensure that steps are taken to prevent such discrimination. To compile and maintain the rules and regulations governing athletics in accordance with the Constitution of ASA and this Constitution. To promote the development of officials, by hosting of theoretical and practical courses and examinations that will result in the registration of qualified officials, and to ensure availability of officials at all authorized athletics meetings in the Province. To train aspirant coaches in the principles and methodology of coaching, that will result in them being registered as qualified coaches, and to organize refresher and advanced courses for qualified coaches. Such training is aimed at ensuring the availability of coaches for the benefit of all athletes.
To facilitate co-operation of the various structures in AGW with regard to
- Awarding of Provincial Colours;
- Liaison and affiliation with ASA and any other relevant organization;
- Licensing of athletes, technical officials and coaches in South Western Districts;
- Monitoring of athletes at all levels within AGW;
- An events calendar for holding of athletic meetings within AGW, which shall be subject to approval by ASA;
- Development program for AGW;
- Generally undertake all such activities as may be necessary, or incidental to the attainment of the objectives of athletics in AGW.
- To maintain the rules affecting the amateur status, and the eligibility of athletes, to compete at athletics meetings in AGW.
- To promote of a spirit of dedication to the basic principles of fair competition in all respects, including the right of every athlete to strive to
- achieve provincial titles and colours, without being disadvantaged by administrative constraints, rulings or otherwise.
- To promote athletics meetings and competitions, through its members, so as to ensure ample and equal access to competition by all athletes
- of recognized age groups in accordance with the mission and objectives of AGW.
- To identify requirements for training and competition facilities, and to strive to provide such facilities through
- representation to the appropriate authorities and other interested parties.
- To participate fully in the affairs of the national governing body of athletes and their affiliated associates.
- To strive for complete unification and transformation of athletics meetings at all levels.
- To enforce the IAAF Doping Regulations in AGW as laid down in the ASA Constitution.
- To ensure that athletics events are hosted in disadvantaged communities, especially the rural areas.
- To achieve all the objectives set out in the Constitution,
- To eradicate the imbalances of the past by making athletics more accessible to disadvantaged persons in GW.
- To raise funds from whatever appropriate source for the purpose of promoting athletics in Griqualand West.
Copyright Athletics Griqualand West